Are you ever stumped with what to make for dinner?
This Spicy Salmon Bake and Roasted Veggies is the perfect easy, delicious, and healthy dinner!
It comes together in minutes and is so colorful that it’s bursting with healthy stuff.
There’s the healthy omega-3 fat in the salmon and the sweet potatoes are loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and manganese. Green peppers are very high in vitamin C, with a single one providing up to 169% of the RDI! Other vitamins and minerals in bell peppers include vitamin K1, vitamin E, vitamin A, folate, and potassium. So this dinner is a nutritional win! I love it because the tastes blend well.
The salmon is my take on Katie Lee’s Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon. I halve the amount of the rub to have less brown sugar per serving, but it’s still fabulous!
Check out the whole recipe here:
In this post...
Ingredients for the Spicy Salmon Bake:
–Eight 8-ounce salmon fillets (Please note my raw salmon photo below is of two fillets. This spice rub recipe is enough for 8 8-ounce salmon fillets. I just prepare the whole amount of this rub, use what I need, and store the rest in a labeled zip-loc bag.)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Steps for the Spicy Salmon Bake:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the sugar, chile powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Put the salmon on a sheet pan. Pack the sugar/spice mixture thickly onto the fish. Pop the tray into the oven.
- Bake for about 10 minutes (the time depends on the fish’s thickness and desired degree of doneness).
How do you bake salmon so it’s moist?
Baking salmon so it’s moist is a bit tricky. Most fish recipes state one should bake a fish for 10 minutes for every inch of fish thickness. This is a good rule of thumb to follow. The fillets in this photo were about one inch in thickness and ten minutes resulted in the moist salmon seen in the photos.
Ingredients for the Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Peppers:
1 medium well-scrubbed sweet potato
1 medium green bell pepper
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Steps for the Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Peppers:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Starting with a well-scrubbed sweet potato and green pepper, I carefully sliced them into similar-sized pieces. I don’t peel the potato. I halved the sweet potato first so that the flat edge is against the cutting board. This makes cutting the potato much safer and easier.
- I place both the potatoes and green pepper pieces on a large sheet pan. Then I toss the veggies with one tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of kosher salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper all over.
- I pop these in the oven for 25 minutes but I shake them around halfway through. I want the potatoes soft and golden brown and the peppers to have a bit of char on them.
Conclusion to Spicy Salmon Bake and Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Peppers
Yum! I hope you enjoy this spicy salmon bake with roasted sweet potatoes and green peppers as much as I did! I think it’s a terrific combination of flavors, textures, colors, and healthy foods. Please try this spicy salmon recipe soon and let me know in the comments below if you enjoyed the meal.
And please share this blog with any of your foodie friends. And save the dish for this wonderful baked salmon dish for your next get-together. It really helps me when other like-minded people follow my blog. It helps me to grow my business and I appreciate all of my loyal followers!
Have a great Tuesday!
PS Here are a few more posts for you to enjoy.