Have you seen any of the videos of the TikTok Parmesan Potatoes?
Are you a potato lover or a potato hater?
How about Parmesan cheese? Yay, or not so much?
And then, how do you feel about a crunchy texture for potatoes?
Well, I happen to LOVE all three!
When I saw Jeff Mauro’s version recently on The Kitchen cooking show, I was intrigued.
I tried it.
I had to change a few things to get it to come out crunchy, cheese, and yummy “potatoey”.
But, MAN, once I made the easy tweaks, this recipe turned out SO. INCREDIBLY.DELICIOUS!
Let me show you.
Recipe for TikTok Parmesan Potatoes
Ingredients for TikTok Parmesan Potatoes:
-4 Tablespoons of melted salted butter
-1 cup Pre-grated Parmesan Cheese (I just used the stuff from the big container at Costco)
-1 1/2 pounds of baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
-Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Steps for the Parmesan TikTok Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Take a 9 x 13 Pyrex baking pan and brush 2 Tablespoons of the melted butter all over the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan Cheese all over the bottom of the dish in an even coating.
- In a large bowl toss the halved potatoes with the remaining 2 Tablespoons of melted butter.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This is the most critical step: Press the cut side of the potatoes onto the Parmesan crust, spacing the potatoes out evenly. ***Do not move the potatoes once they are placed down on the Parmesan cheese.
- Roast the potatoes for 45-60 minutes until the potatoes are fork-tender and the cheese is golden brown. ***This is why it’s best to use a glass Pyrex dish. At about 40 minutes, open the oven and pull the pan toward you so you can see if the potatoes are evenly browned. If not, pop them back in a keep checking every 5-6 minutes or so until they’re done.
- Let cool on the counter for 5 minutes or so and then using a fish spatula, flip the whole batch out in one piece onto a platter. Don’t worry if you can’t do this. Just scoop them out any way you can.
- Enjoy these FABULOUS potatoes!
Conclusion to TikTok Parmesan Potatoes:
I hope I have inspired you to make these TikTok Parmesan Potatoes. They are so fabulous! They go with any meat, chicken, or fish main course. They are so easy to make and one of the best characteristics of this recipe is that you can prepare them a day ahead of time and then pop them in the oven 45-60 minutes before dinner!
Please share this recipe with any of your potato-loving friends. And please ask your friends and family members to follow my blog. It means so much to mean to have great followers who enjoy my recipes, tablescapes, fashion tips, and the occasional dermatology tip.
If you like this recipe, I have a few more below for you to check out.
And finally, if you’re more of a video watcher, follow me on Youtube here!
Happy Monday! Try these potatoes and let me know your thoughts below in the comments or DM me @drjuliemarshall.