Are you a lover of S’mores Bars?
I love the ingredients of s’mores bars. What’s not to like with graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows?
But, I don’t actually like the usual way of making them where you start with a graham cracker, add a square of a Hershey bar, and then squeeze on a big melting marshmallow with another graham cracker. I find that method to be too inconsistent and I don’t like that much graham cracker in every bite.
So imagine my delight when I came across this recipe for baked smores bars!
Yes, you read that correctly.
In this delicious and fun-to-make smores bars recipe the final product is more of a smore cake! (In fact, this is what I have every December 9 for my birthday cake as it’s so DELICIOUS!!!).
Here is the finished recipe for the most DELICIOUS S’Mores Bars (“cake”). It’s made with a delicious, graham cracker crust that’s been softened by melted butter and sugar (sigh!).
Then a chocolate mixture is concocted from sweetened condensed milk (need I say more?) combined with melted dark chocolate and a tiny bit of vanilla extract.
Next, this chocolate is evenly covered with a layer of mini marshmallows.
All this gets baked for a final few minutes to make the most delectable treat!
In this post...
Smores Bars Recipe
Ingredients for S’mores Bars
8 whole graham crackers
6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into medium-sized chunks
1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups miniature marshmallows
Steps for S’mores Bars
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with heavy-duty foil, leaving an overhang on two long sides to facilitate bar removal.
- Spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
- Line the bottom of the pan with the graham crackers, trimming them as needed until they fit.
- Mix melted butter and sugar in a small bowl and spread evenly over the graham crackers.
- Bake until sugar bubbles, about 7 minutes.
- Let cool on a rack until sugar hardens, about 5 minutes (Leave the oven on.)
- While the graham cracker crust is hardening, heat the chocolate and condensed milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate melts.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Spread the chocolate mixture over the graham crackers. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- Return to the oven and bake until the marshmallows turn golden brown (watch closely), about 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Use foil to lift the whole dessert from the pan. Cut into bars with a knife coated with vegetable spray.
- 8 whole graham crackers
- 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into medium-sized chunks
- 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
I hope you have enjoyed this recipe and I hope you are going to make it soon. I love the flavors so much and I hope you do too.
***This recipe is adapted from the really cool cookbook Pamela Anderson’s Perfect Recipes for Having People Over. It’s a GEM of a cookbook!
PS Here are a few more posts for you to enjoy: