In this post...
Introduction to the Easiest Appetizer Ever
I promise you this recipe is for the easiest appetizer you will ever make! Truly.
Have you ever gone to a party and tried an appetizer that you absolutely loved? Did you attempt to track down the person who brought it so you could bribe them for the recipe? Were you hoping it wasn’t too hard to make? Do you love Cheez-It crackers but want to make something a bit more elevated? Have you ever been at a luncheon where a gorgeous salad is served and on top of it is a delicious cheeses wafer? If the answers to all these questions are “yes”, this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for.
Lacy Cheese Appetizer:
Ingredients for the Easiest Appetizer Ever
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) packaged sharp cheddar cheese (I use Sargento’s brand)
Steps for the Easiest Appetizer Ever
- Adjust oven racks to low and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon about 1 Tbsp of cheese onto the sheet and spread into a round single layer. Repeat with remaining cheese keeping cheese disks about one inch apart. (You should get about 12 wafers on a large sheet.)
- Bake until crisps stop bubbling, 9 to 10 minutes, switching sheets after 5 minutes if they appear to be cooking unevenly.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Stored in an airtight tin, the crisps will keep for 1 month.
These crisps are from one of my favorite cookbooks, Pam Anderson’s Perfect Recipes for Having People Over. I know people say they’re not buying cookbooks anymore because all the recipes are online. I get that but this cookbook is so special because, with every recipe, the author has a section on when to serve the item, how to vary it, how far ahead can I make it, and what to do with leftovers. This book is worth its weight in gold.
Yup this recipe frequently shows up at my parties. I think you should make this for your next gathering and invite me over to make sure you did it right 😉! Happy entertaining!
PS Many appetizers are delicious but unfortunately involve a fair amount of prep or ingredients. That’s why my recipe for the Easiest Appetizer Ever is so wonderful!
PPS Here are a few more posts for you to enjoy:
Delicious Easter Sugar Cookies!
How to Build an Easy Easter Tablescape
Dermatologist Advice for Anti-Aging Products
Works for me!
I want one of the cheese wafers right now – can’t wait to try it!
You will love them!!!
What do you serve them with as an appetizer?
I just serve them as they are for an appetizer. Maybe with a glass of wine!
You cam make these in the microwwave. Also with shredded parmesan.
How long do you cook the cheese in the microwave and at what power? (Thanks for commenting!)