Mummy Cupcakes for Halloween
Aren’t these the cutest mummy cupcakes for Halloween? I made them the other day and had so much fun doing so. One of my grandbabies put on the eyes and two of them sampled them. The verdict: YUMMY! Here’s how I made them:
Spooky Mummy Cupcakes for Halloween (yields 24 cupcakes) Recipe
Ingredients (for cupcakes):
- -one box of Duncan Hines Devil’s Food cake mix
- -3 large eggs
- -1/3 cup vegetable oil
- -1 cup water
- -2 cupcake pans (12 cupcakes each)
- -white cupcake liners (24)
Steps: (for cupcakes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Line pans with cupcake liners
Blend cake mix, eggs, oil and water on low for 30 seconds.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour batter into cupcake liners. (I actually use an ice cream scoop so as to make them all about the same size. To get 24 cupcakes, fill the liners about halfway full.)
Bake for 18-21 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool the cupcake pans on a wire rack for 15 minutes and then remove each cupcake to cool completely on the rack.Ingredients (for frosting)
- -1 cup butter, at room temperature
- -2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- -1 cup (100 grams) marshmallow fluff
- -4 cups powdered sugar, sifted (this is important, so the frosting turns out smooth)
- -2-4 tablespoons of cream
- -one package of decorative eyes
- –disposable piping bag , tip, and coupler
Steps (for the frosting):
- In the bowl of the electric mixer, beat the butter until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla extract, and marshmallow fluff.
- With mixer on low, beat in the sugar.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Then add 2 tablespoons of the cream and beat to combine.
- Then on the highest speed, beat frosting until it is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add more cream or sugar if necessary to get the right piping consistency.
- Now place the frosting in the piping bag, fitted with the decorating tip and coupler.
- Pipe lines of frosting back and forth on top of each cupcake leaving a slot for the eyes.
- Have your grandbaby apply the eyes by coating the back of each eye with frosting applied with a toothpick. (Try to talk your little guy into not eating all the eyes before the cupcakes are finished!)
** This recipe for Spooky Mummy Cupcakes for Halloween is adapted from Joy of Baking.com Mummy Cupcakes Recipe
PS Here are a few other posts you might enjoy: